Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This Post Has No Title...

There comes that time in every parent's life when their young child comes to them with the age old question..."Mommy, how are boys and girls different?". However, tonight it came out of Anna a little like this...

As I am drying her off after her bath...

Anna: "Mommy, what are those things that boys have?"

Me: "What do you mean? What things?"

Anna: "You know those things that boys have and girls don't have...they're like this"...and she now proceeds to use some hand motion to try to explain to me that she is talking about a penis.

Me: I AM TRYING TO INHALE MY GIGGLES, so I can't speak at all. Trying to seal my lips shut so not even a smile escapes. It's not that she's asking me the question that's funny, it's the way she is asking it...and it gets worse. So now she is just staring at me, waiting for an answer when she says...

Anna: "You know, mommy...those things....they're like trunks!"

Ok, now, let me just be clear that we have had the boys have penises, girls have vaginas discussion before. But for some reason she must not have been listening because as I proceed to explain this to her she just looks at me mesmerized, as if she has just uncovered the worlds greatest revelation.

Something tells me this time she won't forget.

post signature

No comments: