Thursday, September 24, 2009

Honey, I'm Home...

Today I reached an all-time mommy low. :-) Shortly after we got home tonight I was emptying the dishwasher while the girls were enjoying an episode of Max & Ruby (one we've seen a million times) when an all familiar smell forcefully made it's way from the family room into the kitchen and right into my smell buds (BTW, I'm convinced that every cartoon on television really only has 4 episodes in existance and they just replay them over and over and over ad nauseam to torture the parents). Anyway, I've picked up some annoying bug and have been completely congested for the past 3-4 days...a cookie may as well be a carrot cause they taste the same to me right now. But even without my sense of smell intact, I still fell victim to the stench of a 3 yr old's poopy diaper.

The first thought that entered my head was that maybe it was my just my imagination, so I ignored it for a few minutes. But when the offending odor refused to leave and the 3 yr old in question confirmed from the family room that she did in fact have a poop in her diaper, I knew I was gonna have to get creative.

So the second thought in my head was of my poor unsuspecting husband. I had just talked to him on the phone about 45 min prior to the incident, so I knew he was on his way home and should be walking through the door at any minute.

So, yes, I actually did this: instead of taking my dirty child upstairs to change her, I walked across the room, picked up the phone and dialed my hubby's number to see where he was in his commute. Yes, I was hoping he was going to tell me he was about to pull into our neighborhood, so that in good conscience I could wait and pawn our dirty little girl off onto him.

But of course traffic was bad or something....yada yada....something about picking up dinner....and darn it OF COURSE I was gonna have to do it. He wasn't close enough and I just couldn't justify waiting until he arrived, although I suffered an internal battle over it for a good 10 minutes. So with gag reflex in full effect and just short of asking Anna Jane to walk upstairs and change herself, I begrudgingly took her up and did it myself.

True story. haha

post signature

No comments: