Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude List

On Thanksgiving Day, more than any other day of the year, we are unified as one nation to celebrate all of our good fortunes. Even the most cynical must have a list of things he holds dear. Whether your thanks are directed up to God, to someone you love or just out into the open air, today is the day to express them. So, here's mine:

I'm thankful for my two children and loving husband...their good health and happiness. I'm thankful for our families and my abundance of good friendships. I'm thankful for all of the luxuries that are easily taken for granted...clean safe water to drink, the comfort of a warm home and warm bed, grocery stores just a stone's throw away filled with food to keep me full my entire life, the best medical care including vaccinations from diseases that still ravage many countries. I'm thankful for being born an American....the freedom everyday to do whatever I want to do without repression or condemnation. And I'm thankful for my own good health.

Compared to those things the excess that we live in each day seems trivial...like flat screen tvs and heated steering wheels.

My cup runneth over...

post signature

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Thank you for welcoming us into your home and sharing this day with us. We are so very blessed. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful that you are my granddaughter.

I love you, Grandma