Monday, November 23, 2009

Lush Lash

I just took the longest, hottest, steamiest, most relaxing shower of my life!! I must have been in there 20 minutes...I definitely have prune fingers. I'm wondering why I don't do that more often...maybe that's a luxury I'll get to take advantage of while I'm off off this week. It also helps that Josie went to bed at 5:30...she was just so pooped from her fun weekend. She wasn't feeling well, but she rallied anyway...my kind of girl!

I'm so happy to hear that so many of you ran out and got the Ooh La Lift and are loving it! I'm telling ya, some of this stuff is really good. So while we're still on the eyes, I wanna tell you about mascaras...which is another thing I've hunted down and slaughtered. My eyelashes practically do not exist and what few are there are so fair you could barely see them even with a flashlight! Seriously. Soooo, my favorite for now (and it usually changes), but this has been a favorite for a couple years now is Make Up Forever Professional Smoky Lash mascara. I've only been able to find it at Sephora, but actually now that I think about it, I've never looked anywhere else. But, most of the lovely ladies at Sephora will tell you it's the best. It lengthens, adds volume and does all the things you want your mascara to do. Just make sure to get the full effect you put on 2-3 coats.

Now, if I'm going out on the town (which lets be honest is a rarity)...but still!...then I bring out the big guns....the paint on false lashes. The stuff I use goes over your regular mascara and it is ah.may.zing. It's called Imju Fiberwig Mascara and it's literally is like a wig for your eyes. I know there are a bunch of other paint-ons that I'm sure also work really well...the point is, try one. My sis-in-law Jill described it well when she told me when she washes the paint on lashes off you can see the little lashes fall off into the sink. But, it goes on like mascara. Hello, genius!! Great for date night, ladies night...or just anytime you wanna go Beyonce with that extra glam look.

haha...ok, so Anna is on her way up the stairs to bed with D.J. and the Backyardigans are on in the background. Of course they are singing...so half way up the stairs Anna stopped and said to me "shake your booty Mama"!!

post signature

No comments: