Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Move Over Dave Matthews Band

It is a slight understatement to say that my kids are obsessed with Noggin (aka Nick Jr)...the entire line-up. Kai Lan, Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardigans, Blue's Clues, Wonder Pets...for those of you who are subject to the same torture...i know, I know..if I hear "the phone, the phone is ringing" one more time I may throw our flat screen out the window. I can't even escape Noggin in the car!! I swear somewhere the Nick Jr bigwigs are sitting together in a conference room laughing and coming up with ways to torture innocent parents by only creating 3 different shows of each kind and replaying them over and over and over. But thankfully, my kids are just as obsessed with The Laurie Berkner Band, who gives a refreshing reprieve from the otherwise unbearable repetition of Doras and Diegos. And I actually like Laurie Berkner and find myself shamelessly turning up the volume when she comes on and dancing around the family room with my girls like I'm 4 again. Her tunes are catchy for the parents and the kids know every word! Sometimes at night when we're upstairs getting ready for a bath, Laurie Berkner will come on downstairs in the family room where Noggin was left playing to an empty audience. Anna will hear one note, scream "Laurie Berkner" and all girls (myself included) will go tearing downstairs to dance along to "i'm sittin here I'm one day old, now I'm sittin here I'm 2 days old".

About 6 weeks ago we took the girls to The Laurie Berkner pajama party concert and they had a blast! To check out the band and find out when they may be coming to your neighborhood, click HERE.

post signature

No comments: