Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blocked


Somehow I've managed to develop a case of writer's block, an affliction I have yet to endure. I love to write and typically (when I have time) the words can't come out of my head fast enough. And for those of you who know me well, you know I'm like this in conversation as well. I can talk to a brick wall for christ's sake...so what is this thing? It's annoying, that's what.

But, I think I know why. I think I'm wishing this blog were anonymous. I mean, how much can you really say when everyone reading knows who you are? I feel like I have to watch every little word I type. It's not like I want to blog about terrible things or anything crazy, but a lot of times I just want to be honest about stuff. And let's face it, some people just can't handle the truth. So, I have to watch what I say, avoid certain controversial subjects and I can't ever discuss issues going on with individuals in my life because they would know who they are. Right this instant as I'm typing, I can think of a couple entertaining and very bloggable situations in my life, but I don't want to deal with the wrath that would be putting it out there for all the world to read. So it stays locked up.

You all know I tend to leave the filter off my mouth at times...I say it as it is and I say it as I see it. What you see is what you get...yea, true, but only to some degree. There is still a ton of stuff floating around in my head that only I know. And I'd love to share b/c I love to share, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I think I may have to wait till we're one-on-one.

I guess this isn't quite like a diary, is it?



post signature

No comments: