Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bedtime


Whoa!! I can't believe it's been over 10 days since I last posted. I think that's the longest I've ever gone. We've just been so busy. The weather's getting nice, we took a trip to Cincy, I've been selling tons of crap on Craigslist....oh and then of course there's that thing called work. But tonight all I want to talk about is Bedtime, otherwise known as "the most torturous time of my day", every day.



It's amazing to me that my kids' personalities are the exact same as they were at merely a week old. That brings me to bedtime. Thank God I was blessed with at least one child that loves everything about bedtime...loves her bed, her room, the dark, her blankie, her paci and frankly, just wants to be left alone as soon as the clock hits 7pm. Sometimes I try to rock Josie before bed and most nights she'll have none of it, reaching out and asking for her crib. And sometimes after I think she's been asleep for an hour, I'll sneek quietly into her room and there she'll be sitting up and reading to herself or playing with her baby just loving every moment of solitude.



See, Josie is my saving grace for the hot mess that is Anna at bedtime each and every evening. You would not even believe the shrieking and snot curdling screams that are coming from her bedroom right now. And each night it's the same story. I put her to bed and all of a sudden she needs one of everything in this house...a band aid, a kleenex, socks, her kitty, her toys, a book, etc etc. Then she has to go to the bathroom or something hurts and needs ice. This could go on and on and on, so when I limit it and don't allow it, she puts on this show. Seriously if the Nanny 911 camera crew were here even they'd be shocked and appalled.

And see the picture above?.. that was Anna the first 3 months of her life if I so much as thought about putting her down. I realized quickly that she wasn't colicky, she was just stubborn and knew exactly what it was she wanted...even just days old...and she was going to make damn sure that the whole world knew it too. Of course, I wouldn't want her any other way and this persistence to always get exactly what she wants will hopefully make her wildly successful. But, please God help us through the teenage years...



post signature

1 comment:

Work at Home Dad said...

This is a very informative post. It's nice to know that you are enjoying every part of motherhood. God Bless!